Power In Numbers
- 100+ Women is a charitable giving circle. We meet quarterly where Members vote and pool donations to make a large financial impact to a chosen nonprofit.
- Join. Commit NOW to a group of locally, like-minded women who care about Chittenden County.
- Nominate. Choose a non-profit (501 3c) you are passionate about that supports Chittenden County.
- Meet. Join us for our quarterly events in 2020 and 2021.
- Listen. A member from each of the three nominated local non-profits will give a 5-minute presentation via Zoom about their organization and how our contribution will support their cause.
- Vote. Members vote for the charity they would most like to support at the next meeting. The non-profit that gets the most votes receives all of our donations!
- Give. Every member commits to $100 to the chosen non-profit. OR...Team memberships give $50 each but are only allowed one vote.
- Learn. Each meeting we ask the previous recipient of our donation to return to tell us about the impact of our donation.
- Feel Good. The winner will be announced and celebrated at the meeting.
- Repeat. At the end of the event we randomly select three eligible non-profits to present at the next event and start the cycle again.
Members should keep in mind the following details:
- As a member, you commit to $100 (or $50 per team member) at each event, even if you cannot attend the event. This is a commitment of $400 ($200 per team member) per year. Let us know if you want to be a team and we can buddy you up!
- You are welcome to invite a friend to the Zoom meeting to learn more. But only members may vote.
- The members vote by secret ballot via Zoom.
- Even if you disagree with the voting outcome you are still committed to the selected organization.
- If you cannot attend the Zoom meeting and vote we still need your financial obligation that you committed to. The goal is to make a significant donation on behalf of the entire group. We also need to track your donation to ensure you receive credit for the donation and remain eligible for membership.
- Your donation is tax deductible. The recipient will send you a tax receipt.
- We collect your personal information (including your name, address, email address and telephone number) strictly for the purpose of maintaining our membership list. We will not sell, give or otherwise share your personal information without your express consent.
- We do recognize our members via social media and other venues. If you are uncomfortable with that kind of attention, please let us know when you join.
- All organizations under consideration agree not to create, sell, or distribute a list with our members' contact information, or to solicit our members directly for further contributions.